X-RAYS PROVIDE CRITICAL INFORMATION
Dr. Chris Hummel, Chiropractic Physician, uses X-rays in order to maintain the highest technical level of patient care possible. The X-ray services are an important aspect to identify problem areas and provide a detailed look at what is happening with the bone structure of the entire spine and surrounding skeletal structure.
Hummel Chiropractic performs the X-ray services at our office and will interpret them and report the findings to you. Overall, an X-ray is indicated if it is likely to inform the type of treatment recommended for a patient. X-rays provide critical information that will direct treatment protocols or referral options for the patient.
Dr. Chris Hummel, D.C.
WHEN X-RAYS ARE NEEDED IN CHIROPRACTIC CARE
As a general guideline, X-rays are recommended in the following cases:
- If the patient has sustained a significant traumatic injury.
- If any type of joint disease is suspected such as arthritis causing joint pain.
- Any suspected spinal instability.
- If the patient has had long-standing pain that has not responded to or resolved with previous health care treatment.
- Anyone who has been diagnosed with or who may be at risk for osteoporosis.
- If an infection may be causing the patient’s pain.
- If any significant disease is suspected.
We do not provide X-ray services to patients undergoing chemo and or radiation therapy, or pregnant women or those who think they might be pregnant.