When we consistently don’t get a good night’s sleep, our performance and well-being is affected. Sometimes, it’s sleep posture that is causing a poor night’s sleep as well as affecting spine wellness and causing back pain.
Here are some simple tips for a better night’s sleep:
- Keep your spine in a neutral position; it can help you avoid back pain at night.
- Try to sleep on your back or side position, not on your stomach.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach; it can twist your neck.
- Avoid the fetal position because it reverses your spinal curves.
- Invest in a good pillow and mattress. It’s worth it based on the amount of time you use these things each day.
- Select a pillow that supports a straight spine.
- A too-thick pillow can cause the neck to bend incorrectly toward the ceiling.
- A too-thin pillow will cause the head to bend the other way.
- Use posture pillows rather than regular foam or feather pillows.
If you’re experiencing sleep problems related to posture or back pain, call Hummel Chiropractic at 314.838.8780 for a free consultation, evaluation and treatment.
We are located in Florissant off of Interstate-270 at 11638 West Florissant.